You love Oreos, and while snacking on them, you can’t help but wonder if your furry friend could share in the experience.
Occasionally bits fall on the ground, and your pup is always there to snatch them.
Perhaps it worried you that Oreos could be harmful to your dog, or you’re simply curious about what would happen if they ate an Oreo.
So, can dogs eat golden Oreos?
A piece here and there shouldn’t hurt them, but making Oreos a part of their regular diet isn’t recommended.
Oreos contain excess sugar and other ingredients that could potentially upset your dog’s stomach.
In addition, the cream filling may be too rich for some dogs and could cause diarrhea or vomiting.
Therefore, it’s best to keep Oreos away from your pet.
This article will discuss everything you need to know about feeding your dog Oreos, including the risks and dangers associated with doing so.
We’ll also provide some tips on how to prevent dogs from getting their paws on your cookies in the first place.
Harmful ingredients for dogs in Golden Oreos
We all know that too much sugar is bad for us, but did you know that it’s equally harmful to dogs?
Dogs who consume large amounts of sugar can develop diabetes, just like humans.
In addition, overeating sugar leads to weight gain and other health problems such as tooth decay.
A piece of Golden Oreo contains 0.17 oz of sugar.
An average-sized dog weighing 50 lbs should only consume around 0.11 oz of sugar per day.
This means one Golden Oreo has more sugar than recommended for an entire day.
Another ingredient found in Golden Oreos is wheat flour.
While wheat flour is safe for dogs to eat, it’s not exactly healthy for them.
Wheat flour is one of the leading causes of food allergies in dogs.
If your dog is allergic to wheat, it may experience itching, excessive licking, and gastrointestinal problems.
Wheat is also rich in calories that contribute to weight gain.
Therefore, it’s best to avoid giving your pet golden Oreos.
Palm oil is a type of vegetable oil extracted from the fruit of palm trees.
It’s often used in cooking and baking, as well as in cosmetics and skincare products.
While palm oil is safe for humans, it’s a processed food harmful to dogs.
When palm oil is refined, it undergoes a process called “bleaching,” which removes the natural antioxidants from the oil.
These antioxidants are essential for dogs because they help protect against cellular damage.
Without them, dogs are more susceptible to developing cancer-related health problems.
In addition, palm oil is high in saturated fat.
This leads to weight gain and other health issues such as pancreatitis.
Dogs should avoid eating foods with salt.
Salt is essential for dogs in small amounts, but too much is harmful.
When consumed in large quantities, salt cause dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, and even seizures.
A single Golden Oreo contains 0.06 oz of salt.
This may not seem like a lot, but it’s more than the recommended amount for dogs.
The average-sized dog should only consume around 0.02 oz of salt per day.
Chocolate gives golden Oreos its characteristic flavor, but it’s also one of the most dangerous ingredients for dogs.
Chocolate contains a substance called theobromine, which is toxic to dogs.
Theobromine affects the heart and nervous system, which leads to symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, tremors, and seizures.
In severe cases, it can even be fatal.
The artificial flavors in Golden Oreos are harmful to dogs.
These flavors are created in laboratories and often made with toxic chemicals.
In addition, artificial flavors cause allergies and other problems such as gastrointestinal distress.
Packaging of Golden Oreos
The materials used to package Golden Oreos are choking hazards for dogs.
The foil wrapper and plastic packaging can block your dog’s airway resulting in suffocation.
In addition, the small size of the cookies makes them easy to swallow and choke on.
If you notice vomit and no feces, it may signify intestinal blockage in dogs.
Benefits of Golden Oreos to Dogs
Although there are some risks associated with feeding your dog Golden Oreos, there are also some benefits.
Reward and Training Dogs
The small size of the cookies makes them perfect for training dogs.
For instance, you use them as rewards for good behavior.
The Golden Oreo’s sweet flavor will also be appealing to your dog.
This makes them a good choice for dogs that are picky eaters or need to be coaxed into eating their food.
How to Prevent Dogs from Eating Golden Oreos
The best way to prevent your dog from eating Golden Oreos is to keep them out of reach.
Store the cookies where your dog can’t get to them, such as in a cupboard or on a high shelf.
You should also avoid leaving the cookies where your dog can see or smell them.
When visitors come to your home, let them not give cookies to your dog.
It’s also a good idea to keep Golden Oreos out of reach when traveling with your dog.
If you’re staying in a hotel room, put the cookies in the safe or ask the front desk for a place to store them.
After you eat Golden Oreos, clean up any crumbs or residue.
This will help prevent your dog from getting into the cookies when you’re not looking.
Dogs are experts at finding food, so it’s vital to be vigilant about keeping the cookies out of their reach.
What are Golden Oreos?
Golden Oreo comprises a cookie sandwich with two golden wafers with a vanilla flavor creme filling.
The wafers aren’t necessarily made with natural vanilla but rather a blend of vanillin and other flavorings.
However, Golden Oreos isn’t friendly for your dog due to the ingredients used in its preparation.
Golden Oreos aren’t the best treats for dogs, but they won’t kill your furry friend if they eat one.
The biggest concern with feeding dogs Golden Oreos is the potential choking hazard posed by the small size of the cookie.
In addition, chocolate and artificial flavors are harmful to dogs.
If you decide to give your dog a Golden Oreo, do so in moderation and keep an eye on them for any adverse reactions.
However, if you suspect your dog has eaten many Golden Oreos, it’s essential to seek veterinary care immediately.
Theobromine poisoning can be fatal, so don’t delay getting help if you think your dog may have consumed too much chocolate.